This time around for the Saturday Seven, I wanted to list my favorite characters from the show Law and Order. Not the spinoffs, but the original. I’m very particular about this show. It’s one of the only ones I’ve ever been upset about it going off the air. Yeah, I was irked. I don’t care that some said it was tired. Bah. I loved it. The show was TV crack. So here are my 7 favorite characters in no particular order:
7. Jack McCoy – he kicked legal butt and took no prisoners. I liked that they made him human, too, by having the relationship with Claire and her not surviving.
6. Claire Kincaid – she held her own with all those boys and still took names. I liked her strength and her ability to be vulnerable while still being strong.
5. Anita Van Buren – she ran the precinct, battled cancer, had faults, but knew how to hold he own. I loved her strength. Get the hint? I do like strong women characters. 🙂
4. Ed Green – he could be street, smart, funny and bounced off Lennie so well. I liked the combo of Lennie and Ed.
3. Dr. Elizabeth Rodgers – the medical examiner with the mostest. I loved how she could be so deadpan…pardon the pun. She rocked.
2. Mike Logan – he had some great lines and was fallible. Plus he had great hair. I loved the pairing of Mike and Lennie. They’re some of my all-time favorite episodes.
1. Lennie Briscoe – the guy had the quips. He was tough, hard, soft, and had a heart of gold, despite being able to break your kneecaps.
What about you? Did you have a favorite I didn’t mention? Probably did. Why? There were a lot of characters. Let me know.