I love a flawed character. There’s something about a character that needs to be redeemed that works for me. I’m focusing on TV and the shows I’ve watched. I’m sure I’ll have forgotten a few or just haven’t seen all the ones you have, so feel free to suggest a few.
Here’s my Saturday Seven, in no particular order:
7. Mike Logan – Law and Order – he means well, even if he’s not always the best cop. He’s great at being the bad cop. The guy who will do what it takes to get the case solved, but might not always go by the book.
6. Hawkeye Pierce – M*A*S*H – he’s got a big heart, but he’s a terrible womanizer. I still say if he and Margaret really got together, they’d have a hell of a time.
5. Dan Fielding – Night Court – he took womanizing to the highest level, but he still had good in him. Okay, so he was a jerk, but when it came to helping the pregnant lady or Roz… he was okay.
4. Ryan Wolfe – CSI: Miami – the guy had gambling issues and lied a time or two, but was always good in the clinch. I rather liked that the show arc allowed him to redeem himself.
3. Sonny Corinthos – General Hospital – yes, he’s a gangster. Yes, he’s in the mob. Yes, he’s done things that aren’t good. He’s shot the wrong people, been shot by other people and ruined a few lives, but he’s still human. Plus, that stare he has is something else.
2. Greg Sanders – CSI – he could be more than a tad full of himself and tried way too hard sometimes, but I like him. He’s handsome, funny and geeky, and full of himself. Meh. It happens.
1. Captain Hook – Once Upon a Time – I have to admit, he wasn’t my favorite when he got all gallant and in love with Emma Swan. I thought they kind of diluted him. I liked the fire, the punch, the…hook. Okay, I liked him bad.
What about you? Who’d I miss? I’m open to suggestion.