Since this week is Valentine’s Day, I thought I’d pre-empt my theme of actors and actresses. I’m going to focus on my favorite seven love songs. Some of these might not be your idea of love songs, but they’re mine. Add yours in the comments. Grin. I’m always interested in new tunes.
In no particular order…
7. Moonlight Serenade by the Glenn Miller Orchestra – https://youtu.be/8TB_8H23EDI – it’s smooth, beautiful and reminds me of dancing in the dark.
6. Dream a Little Dream of Me by Mama Cass – https://youtu.be/wahujVWNy_c – I’ve always been a sucker for this song. I love Mama Cass and her heartfelt rendition always breaks my heart just a little.
5. Lovesong by the Cure – https://youtu.be/hXCKLJGLENs – It’s the Cure. It’s heartfelt and I love it.
4. In Your Eyes by Peter Gabriel – https://youtu.be/kU8OJAOMbPg – I think of John Cusack every time. I kind of want to have a guy blasting this on his boom box, but then I second guess.
3. Gary Allan – Smoke Rings in the Dark – https://youtu.be/lYdXesvlGyU – this song introduced me to Gary Allan. He’s handsome and the way he sings this song about love gone wrong…I don’t know. It’s just my kind of love song.
2. Gary Allan – Putting My Misery On Display – https://youtu.be/lNfD23Lr0zY – I think it’s the guitar portion at the end. It’s not a traditional lovey-dovey kind of song, but IMHO it’s darn sexy.
1. In the Midnight Hour by Wilson Pickett – https://youtu.be/5KFYUJ63nk8 – it’s the sax in the middle. There’s just something about it. Shivers.
Okay I could probably have a whole second list. Shrugs. I also listened to every one of these on youtube while looking for the links. I couldn’t NOT listen to them. I’m waiting for your suggestions. I need more tunes for my playlists!! And Go!